“Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon,” a very wise quote from Doug Larson. Very often many of us find ourselves satisfying our taste buds to what may seem soothing, than what is healthy and beneficial for our bodies. I made the change to a healthier lifestyle approximately two years ago, with the aim of loosing weight and starting living a healthier lifestyle, by being more cautious of what I put into my body. Although the transition took a while in getting adjusted to as a result of the vegetables being tasteless, dry and unenjoyable. My mom decided to make it interesting to eat by exploring her creativity, adding a little bit of good tasting low fat cheese melted onto the steamed vegetables, cream corn along with a combination of all natural seasoning of her choice, to give it the flavor and aroma that will have my mouth watering. The key towards acquiring the taste for vegetables is, finding a healthy way of getting it to be tasty by incorporating a little of what you like. Now I enjoy eating steamed vegetables, I have it for lunch and dinner very regularly. It’s less time consuming to prepare, tasty, and at the same time healthy.
Category Archives: Healthy Eating
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle includes, not smoking, keeping away from alchol consumption, maintaining a healthy weight, eating healthy by preparing more steamed food along with abstaining from fried food, exercising regularly, and keeping away from stress promoting mental wellness and most importantly drinking more water than juice and soft drinks. For the past two years I have been living a healthy lifestyle, and I am happy that I made this choice by doing all the above and today I am more cautious of what I put into my system. I have gained self confidence, free of any health complications that I know of, receive allot of uplifting comments with regards to my appearance from 200 lbs to 160 lbs not forgetting shopping for clothes became less of a task, in finding the appropriate size. Yes, weight loss could be a challenge for many, but by following the right strategies consistently with dedication anything is possible, it’s a sacrifice that would benefit individuals attempting to have a clean bill of heath.
For faster and effective results when dieting, a dietary supplement should be administered by a certified dietitian and incorporated into you diet plan to suppress the appetite. Once you take small steps in changing your lifestyle by eating allot of fruits, greens and increasing you water intake, after a while it becomes a natural process. One of the biggest contributors to gaining weight, is the absence of activity, which is hindered by the advancement of technology. For example when we need to conduct bank transactions we no longer need to find ourselves at the bank as a result of internet banking, or tele banking and it’s also the same when it comes to shopping you no longer have to leave the comfort of your home because it can be done via the internet.
Benefits Of Being Physically Active!
- It reduces the chances of the risk of suffering from heart decease, stroke or most commonly diabetes.
- Improve joint stability.
- Helps blood circulation around the body.
- Increase the distance of movement
- Maintain flexibility, as you get down in age.
- Makes you sleep better at night.
- Helps in preventing osteoporosis and fractures.
- Contribute to the growth of your self esteem
- Reduce stress.
- Aid in improved mood symptoms of anxiety along with depresson.
- Improve ones memory, especially in terms of elderly people.
Good Eating Habits!
Having a healthy diet and eating habits is an important factor. A good diet is’nt only beneficial with assistance in weight management but also improve your health and quality of life as you progress in age. Measuring how many calories you need and what food group you should pay more attention too is absolutely necessary. For smaller simple changes in eating habits you can introduce the following tips in your lifestyle.
Tips On What To Eat!
- Increase your intake of fruits, by adding them to your meals, dinners or snakes.
- Eat less white flour biscuits and bread. If it’s necessary to eat biscuits and bread ensure that it’s 100% all natural whole wheat or multigrain.
- Cook with less seasoning that has sodium, and instead use garlic, onions, lime, lemon, olive oil, vinegar, vegetable oil, or parsley.
- Eat more vegetables, the more you add them to your meals and snacks the better.
- Use only low fat salad dressings on your salad, so that you will be eating less calories.
- When you are having eggs for a quick breakfast or dinner only cook the white and not the yolk since it carries allot of calories.
- Make substitutes, by going through your cupboards and fridge selecting 3 foods that you eat everyday. Write down the nutrition content on a handy easy to find paper, and the next time you are at the grocery store find a lower calorie substitutes for those 3 products.
- Buy only low fat butter, and low fat dairy free products such as skim milk or fat free yogurt which is a simple way of eating less calories.
- When preparing chicken, steak, fish or pork the best and healthiest way to have it is either grilled or stemmed.
- In that event that you have the urge of eating pizza, make sure that you are having a vegetarian pizza.